Category Archive: Economy
- Is Toronto in a bubble? Interesting discussion with a mortgage broker
DECEMBER 20, 2011
- Are vacancy rates a leading indicator of house prices?
DECEMBER 16, 2011
- Credit bites back
NOVEMBER 30, 2011
- Flow of bad news...
NOVEMBER 23, 2011
- Europe heading back into recession; OECD leading indicators decline again; Interest rate cut still priced in
NOVEMBER 21, 2011
- Canadian employment withers; Vancouver and area inventory builds as prices feel the heat; China's property bubble deflating?
NOVEMBER 07, 2011
- Employment quality deteriorating; Business confidence drops again; Credit demand decelerates
NOVEMBER 03, 2011
- Canadian inflation heats up; Why housing won't carry us through a recession; Positive mortgage in arrears data
OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Ed Clark on the Canadian economy; Retail sales preview...blue Christmas?
OCTOBER 20, 2011
- The week that was; Economics is all about "demand and demand"; Sherry Cooper sees positive demographic trends?
OCTOBER 14, 2011
- TD on debt in Canada; OECD leading indicators signal Canadian slowdown
OCTOBER 11, 2011
- Canadian "job boom" in September?; Leading profit indicators decline; TO new condo prices to stay high?
OCTOBER 07, 2011
- CGA on interest rates in Canada and the 'lavish spending' of the Canadian consumer
OCTOBER 06, 2011
- IMF warns on Canadian debt while our 'conservative' banks ramp up their antics
OCTOBER 05, 2011
- Eurozone debt woes intensify....banks in the crosshairs; World markets roiled; Canadian CEOs bearish on economy
OCTOBER 04, 2011
- July GDP in line with expectations; China starting to buckle?; ECRI says US is back in recession
SEPTEMBER 30, 2011
- Excellent speech on housing and the economy
SEPTEMBER 28, 2011
- OSFI warns on consumer debt; Confidence readings remain weak
SEPTEMBER 27, 2011
- Credit markets show slack demand; Is a rate cut on the way?
SEPTEMBER 26, 2011
- The rubber meets the road: Crucial weeks coming up for Canadian and global economies
SEPTEMBER 25, 2011