Category Archive: Real Estate
- Population density and house prices: Should Vancouver command such a premium?
MARCH 21, 2012
- Canadian house price affordability measures are still misleading
MARCH 07, 2012
- Is Toronto in a bubble? Interesting discussion with a mortgage broker
DECEMBER 20, 2011
- Are vacancy rates a leading indicator of house prices?
DECEMBER 16, 2011
- The Economist warns on house prices; RBC (un)affordability index released
NOVEMBER 25, 2011
- Employment quality deteriorating; Business confidence drops again; Credit demand decelerates
NOVEMBER 03, 2011
- Canadian inflation heats up; Why housing won't carry us through a recession; Positive mortgage in arrears data
OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Can the Bank of Canada orchestrate a soft landing in housing?
OCTOBER 17, 2011
- Toronto condo mania continues while the Vancouver market hits the brakes.
OCTOBER 05, 2011
- House prices and rents: Reason for concern...Part 2
OCTOBER 03, 2011
- House prices and rents: Why they should track each other and why it should concern us that they haven't
OCTOBER 01, 2011
- Comparing house prices and rents....again: More signs of a peaking market?
SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
- More thoughts on Canada's debt bubble; Moody's chimes in on Canadian banks; Other random data points
SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
- How vulnerable are the economies of various Canadian cities? Part 2
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
- Interesting insights from CREA: Is this what a market peak looks like?
SEPTEMBER 15, 2011
- How vulnerable are the economies of various Canadian cities? Part 1
SEPTEMBER 14, 2011
- The confidence economy
SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
- Mortgage crazy! A look at loan approvals by province
SEPTEMBER 08, 2011
- CMHC vs. Fannie Mae....round 2: More nagging questions about Canada's mortgage monster
SEPTEMBER 04, 2011
- Where housing goes, so goes the Canadian economy: Why a housing correction would CAUSE a recession, not the other way around
AUGUST 31, 2011