Category Archive: Social Trends
- Bias, denial, and our warped perception: Why the obvious can be so difficult to see
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
- CIBC on household debt; CMHC under more scrutiny; From the "So ridiculous it's laughable" files...
AUGUST 30, 2011
- 'Affordability' measures.....still misleading; Consumer confidence tanking; Taking a page from the 'bull' play book
AUGUST 24, 2011
- Lessons from Texas: HELOC growth and recessions...
AUGUST 21, 2011
- Thinking outside the stigma: More excellent articles advance the case for renting
JULY 22, 2011
- Rental Complex: A must-read article in Canadian Business...Recognize those graphs?
JULY 15, 2011
- Deficits, Debt, and Demographics: Preparing for the 3-D hurricane....A must-read report!
JUNE 30, 2011
- Do mortgage rule changes = market manipulation?; Consumer credit turns negative....will mortgage debt follow?
JUNE 25, 2011
- The debt perception dichotomy....or why the road to financial hell is paved with good intentions.
JUNE 22, 2011
- Risk.....a forgotten four letter word
JUNE 20, 2011
- More from the must-read CGAAC report
JUNE 15, 2011
- Have Canadian consumers reached their limit? The must-read report of the year
JUNE 14, 2011
- Roubini, Rosenberg remind us what risk is; Public sector on the chopping block
JUNE 13, 2011
- Regulators to probe impact of foreign money on real estate; Reader question- What to do with real estate windfall...
JUNE 05, 2011
- What a crazy few days: A plethora of data points for your consumption
JUNE 01, 2011
- Visualizing the dangers of mass psychology
MAY 27, 2011
- OECD on interest rates; Investors Group on Canadian debt; TD and Hudak on austerity Canadian style...
MAY 25, 2011
- “The truth becomes less central if social influence is allowed”: More on the dangers of group-think and mass psychology
MAY 23, 2011
- Revisiting demographics: Another reason why the next decade will be nothing like the last
MAY 18, 2011
- Examining house prices and rents in major Canadian cities
MAY 11, 2011